At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We are hiring experienced sterile processing techs at:
- Emory University Hospital
- Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
- Emory Midtown Hospital
- Emory Decatur Hospital
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Provides on-site support for the reprocessing of surgical instruments and sets to contracted facilities in compliance with the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facility's goals and policies.
- Supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional standards and regulations.
- At the direction of the Manager may participate in new IMS employee orientation and on the job training.
- Understands and promotes concepts of the Lean work environment.
- Communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to IMS leadership.
- Reports broken instrumentation and equipment and communicates low par levels of SPD consumable supplies.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all personal, telephone and electronic communications.
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public arenas. Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures and supports policies and procedures of facility. Adheres to IMS / facility dress requirements and is neat and well-groomed at all times.
- Arrives at facility at the scheduled time and is consistently ready for work assignments.
- Participates in in-services and educational offerings provided by IMS in the facility.
- Promotes best demonstrated practices with co-workers through open communication and continuous improvement of skills.
- Follows chain of command within hospital and IMS regarding identified problems or issues to ensure proper communication and resolution.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Active certification in sterile processing/central sterile via CBSPD or IAHCSMM or two years of experience in lieu of certification.
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation.
- Ability to act as a resource for staff in both SPD and OR regarding identification and assembly of specialty instruments and trays.
- Completion of a Sterile Processing/Surgical Technologist program preferred.
- Basic computer skills and aptitude required.
- Ability to work daily in a fast-paced Healthcare Services environment.
- Ability to perform tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- May be required to work various shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk, see and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, push and/or pull up to 300 pounds on a cart or carriage.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to bio-hazardous material, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.