Certified and Non Certified (with experience) Eligible
Non-Certified starting up to $16.35/hr. with experience
Certified starting up to $19.15/hr. with experience
Hiring Range $15.00 - $19.15 per hour, based on years of qualified experience. Expert level pay consideration may be provided above Hiring Range.
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
The Sterile Processing Technician is assigned duties performing decontamination, preparation, sterilization and distribution of surgical instruments, hospital instruments and medical equipment throughout the institution, utilizing infection control and safety practices during all phases of the process.
Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- OR Tech experience preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
- Certification (NICHSPDP or ISCHIM) preferred, but not required for non - certified SPD Tech
- Experience working in a sterile processing department preferred, but not required.
Knowledge of sterilization techniques, processing and instrumentation as well as all other aspects involved with or pertaining to the Sterile Processing Department
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Physical working environment may include, but not limited to, any of the following hazards: high pressure steam, chemical, electrical, mechanical, bio-waste, stress, back strain, body fluids, etc.
- Environmental conditions may include, but not be limited to, variations in temperature, noise, odors, multi-stimuli, etc.
- Pressure from high volume census to meet deadlines to obtain adequate instrumentation from vendors.
- Extensive people contact and interruptions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
- The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, lifting a tray of surgical instruments).
- Functional physical demands include manual dexterity and fine motor skills and reaching. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch (i.e., tactile differentiation of temperature and moisture).
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace