Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Sterile Processing Tech I to:
- Work in fast-paced environment requiring a high level of technical skill.
- No experience necessary; you will be provided extensive training at a pace comfortable for you.
- Interact with cutting edge surgical instrumentation and reprocessing equipment.
- Be a member of a cohesive team assisting and supporting each other.
Minimum – High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – Certification by BCSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician or IAHCSMM as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and self-motivated to complete duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Basic mechanical ability.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow safety principles.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are 11:00 am - 7:30 pm, Monday - Friday with no weekends or holidays. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.