At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Sterile Processing Technician cleans, packages, processes and stores clean and sterile supplies. In addition, the Sterile Processing Technician orders and stocks SPD/CS supplies from Materials
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform assigned duties such as instrument and equipment decontamination, instrument tray assembly and sterilization processes
- Prioritizes workload.
- Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
- Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and composure under duress.
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
- Ability to be at work and be on time
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Minimum of (6) six months Sterile Processing experience in an acute care hospital required
- Ability to fulfill the on-call requirement of the department
- Certified Registered Sterile Processing Technician (CRCST) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) Required
- High School diploma or equivalency