At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Receives soiled or contaminated supplies and instruments from patient care areas.
- Determines the best method of cleaning, wrapping, and sterilizing a variety of medical and surgical instruments, equipment, and needles.
- Assembles surgical instrument trays and pans and delivers sterilized items to the operating room.
- Assembles special procedure trays for such complex surgeries such as open heart, transplant, major orthopedic surgeries, neurosurgical, laparoscopic, and spine surgeries.
- Uses computer to scan PIC tickets on instrument trays and case cart protocol.
- Properly operates cleaning and sterilization equipment such as washers, sterilizers, sonic cleaners and cart washers.
- Restocks prep areas with supplies and takes inventory of sterile instrument pans and trays.
- May retrieve contaminated equipment, supplies, trays, and instruments from patient care areas for cleaning and sterilization.
- May collect needles and sharp containers from O.R. for proper disposal.
- Monitors all sterilization equipment by testing and recording indicators.
- Assists in training staff in the identification of surgical instruments and individual pans.
- Prioritizes assignments and adjusts work flow to meet the most important needs.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in sterile processing environment.
- Registered as a Central Service Technician.
- Some experience with computer software.
- The ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.