Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. The person doing this job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner. Under the general supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, the Sterile Processing Technician will provide the hospital and affiliated facilities with purchased and reprocessed materials and equipment ensuring a quality product for patient care by following established procedures for decontamination, assembly, packaging, sterilization and distribution.
- A minimum of three years experience in Sterile Processing.
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
- High school graduate preferred.
- Requires to communicate clearly in English (verbal & written) for effective communication with other staff members and physicians of all social and economic levels from a diverse culture and ethnic population.
- May answer pages and carry a beeper/pager
This position is represented by SEIU