AtScripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has beenrepeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to work.
You’llbe surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of theirpatients and their teammates. So ifyou’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
ScrippsMemorial Hospital Encinitas serves the communities of San Diego’s coastal NorthCounty. We offer a full range ofclinical and surgical services, including North County’s first Primary StrokeCenter, a regionally recognized brain injury program, state-of-the-art imagingcenter, 24-hour emergency room care and award-winning OB-GYN, maternal healthand infant health services.
We invite you to join our highly engaged team in theSterile Processing department, where we work very closely with the Surgery andSupply Chain departments. In anenvironment that is welcoming, we provide training that enhances our Technician’sskills, allowing them to make sound judgement and work autonomously asneeded.
Our Sterile Processing Technicians do not “cut corners”,and they are responsible forthe cleaning, packaging, sterilization, storage, and distribution of medicalinstruments, equipment, and supplies used for patient care. Cleans anddisinfects equipment requiring decontamination or sterilization according todesignated principles of asepsis. Responsible for testing and recording ofsterilizer equipment performance to ensure operating within sterilitystandards. Maintains established control systems for supplies and equipmentprocessed.
- Completionof college training program for SPD or online study program or completion offormal on the job training program.
- Knowledgeof sterilizers, surgical instrumentation, and medical equipment.
- Excellentcommunication and customer service skills.
- CertifiedRegistered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or CBSPD Certification
- One year of experience in SPD in lieu of certification acceptableupon hire, but CRCST or CBSPD Certification must be obtained within 6 months ofhire.
- 1+ years’ experience