At Scripps Health, you willexperience the pride, support and respect of an organization that has beenrepeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by peoplecommitted to making a difference in the lives of their patients and theirteammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Green is a 173-bed hospitalthat has served the La Jolla and greater San Diego communities with distinctionsince 1977. Scripps Green has been recognized for outstanding care and a numberof important medical milestones, including establishing the first livertransplant program in San Diego and being the nation’s first hospital to usestem cell transplants as a treatment for blood and marrow disorders.
Join our team as a SterileProcessing Tech where you will be responsible for the cleaning, packaging,sterilization, storage, and distribution of medical instruments, equipment, andsupplies used for patient care. Additionally you will:
- Clean and disinfect equipment requiring decontamination or sterilization according to designated principles of asepsis.
- Be responsible for testing and recording of sterilizer equipment performance to ensure operating within sterility standards.
- Maintain established control systems for supplies and equipment processed.
This is a full-time 8 hour eveningshift with a %244K Incentive and %243K relocation.
- Completion of college training program for SPD or online study program or completion of formal on the job training program.
- Knowledge of sterilizers, surgical instrumentation, and medical equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or CBSPD Certification
- 1 year of experience in SPD in lieu of certification but cert must be obtained within 6 months of hire date
2or more years’ experience