You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Certified Sterile Processing Technician.
You know how to stay organized and move fast. You respond calmly in high pressure situations.
You’re generous with your thoughts, your partnership and especially your passion for patient safety.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefitsare one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Certified Sterile Processing Tech, you need to know how to:
- Operate and monitor sterilization equipment.
- Prioritize daily tasked based on interpretation of surgical schedule, determining the requirement for instruments for each surgical case.
- Disassemble carts and follows Universal Precautions for decontamination.
- Sterilize, disinfect durable medical equipment and instruments, package clean supplies and instruments, maintain records for all instruments and transport sterilized items to the floor.
- Assemble sterilized instruments and recheck all instruments for cleanliness and/or impairment. Properly check power equipment.
- Take measures to allow for easy instrument tracking including following labeling processes, use of engraver, reporting and documenting all missing instruments and implants replaced in trays.
- Communicate the equipment and instrument inventory status with the Central Processing staff and Surgery Charge Nurse including order status, back orders and/or changes.
- Respond to emergency situations by insuring all emergency, trauma and add-on cases are supplied properly and delivered to the Operating Room in a timely manner.
- Utilize applications and technology to accurately facilitate record keeping in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Provide on the job training on the job training (OJT) to newly hired associates in the department.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Certified Registered Central Supply Technician (CRCST) or Certified Sterile Processing Department Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Surgical Technician (CST), required
- Competent working knowledge in all aspects of Sterile Processing, required
- At least one (1) year of experience in a hospital or clinic operating room, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Certified Sterile Processing Tech on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.