Job Title: Sterile Processing Technician
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
- Supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional standards and regulations.
- Awareness of concepts of the Lean work environment.
- Communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to IMS leadership.
- Reports broken instrumentation.
- Adheres to IMS dress requirements, is neat and well-groomed at all times.
- Arrives at facility at scheduled time and is consistently ready for work assignments.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all telephone and electronic communications.
Duties - cont'd
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public arenas.
- Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures.
- Participates in in-services and educational offerings provided by IMS in the facility.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years expeirence as a Sterile Processing Technician
- Certification as a Sterile Processing Technician
- Basic computer skills and aptitude.
- Ability to work daily in a fast-paced, high pressure Healthcare Service environment.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Sterile Processing, Medical Technologist, Technician, Medical, Instrumentation, Healthcare, Technology, Engineering