At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Provides on-site support for the reprocessing of surgical instruments and trays to contracted facilities in compliance with the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facilities goals and policies. Position level will be determined by previous job related experience, performance and certification requirements.
- Operates all mechanical machinery; cart washers, instrument washers, steam sterilizers, low temp sterilizers, ultrasonic and drying cabinets, within sterile processing.
- Uses established policies and procedures to complete work assignments
- Learns and trains in all areas of sterile processing including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional standards and regulations.
- Able to perform assembly on basic instrument trays.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to IMS leadership.
- Reports broken instrumentation.
- Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures.
- Participates in in-services and educational offerings provided by IMS in the facility.
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain certification in sterile processing/central sterile via CBSPD or IAHCSMM within 12 months of hire strongly preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Medical instrument knowledge. Knowledge of sterilization and processing equipment.
- Ability to work daily in a fast-paced, high pressure Healthcare Service environment.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk, see and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, push and/or pull up to 300 pounds on a cart or carriage.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.