Purpose Statement / Position Summary:
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Sterile Processing Technician I is responsible for the decontamination, assembly, sterilization, and transportation of surgical and procedural instruments in accordance with industry and regulatory standards and guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Decontaminates surgical and procedural instruments per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Assembles, inspects, and tests per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operates all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, H2O2, instrument and cart washers.
- Uses instrument tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.
- Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.
- Prepares OR case carts according to preference cards on all surgical procedures and prioritize vendor tray processing.
- Must comply if assigned and/or required to carry and utilize Cisco phones or other communication device Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
- Must maintain and check Memorial Care email correspondence regularly but at least bi-weekly.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned within the scope of training and service
- Be at work and be on time.
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Prioritize, multitask, and detail oriented.
- 1 year Sterile Processing experience or successful completion of a Sterile Processing tech program
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of IAHCSMM/CBSPD Certification or have the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred