Performs a variety of tasks related to the preparation of instruments and equipment for procedures and surgeries. Operates sterilizing and decontamination units using different agents, which may include steam, hydrogen peroxide, paracetic acid, ethylene oxide, and glutaraldehyde. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, instrument processing, distribution, inventory, equipment and record keeping functions under general guidance.
- High school diploma required or equivalent education/experience.
- Certified Registered Central Services Tech (CRCST) required
- Two years experience in Central Processing Department required.
- Elementary computer procedures as they apply to equipment, supply tracking, ordering and preference / pick list generation; knowledge of basic inventory control concepts and PAR level systems; knowledge of medical terminology, surgical instrumentation, supplies, equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, communicate and work effectively with hospital employees, sales representatives; internal and external customers, perform simple mathematical functions and handle a large volume of detailed work accurately.
- Long Term Disability
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision