Doyou have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have anexciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider ofhealthcare services as a SterileProcessing Technician.
At Memorial HealthUniversity Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer avariety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years ofservice)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Weare seeking a Sterile ProcessingTechnician to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with highquality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support eachother and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care isas meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The SterileProcessing Technician has the primary responsibility of processing and maintainingquality control of surgical instruments, and the monitoring ofsterilization/decontamination equipment used in Surgical Services. The SterileProcessing Technician is also responsible for cleaning and disinfectingequipment and supplies that are used throughout the hospital. The positionrequires a thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation/equipmentdecontamination, sterilization principles and practices, instrument trayassembly and inventory control.
What you will do in this role:
- Youwill provide hospital departments, including but not limited to, the OR, the EmergencyRoom and Labor and Delivery, with sterile instruments and trays in accordance withdepartmental policies and procedures
- You will properly decontaminate, clean, inspect, assemble,package, sterilize, store, distribute and document reusable surgical instrumentsand equipment according to established procedures
- Youwill collect soiled equipment from nursing units and deliver to thedecontamination area
- You will be responsible for the ordering of supplies and instrumentsand pulling of cases
- Youwill be required to keep accurate and legible records
- You will be required to transport patients as needed
- Youwill replenish carts as needed