At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Here at Scripps Health, you’ll be exposed to the latest clinical procedures and the high acuity of the diverse patient population we serve. Join us, and discover for yourself why Scripps has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals and a Magnet Hospital.
Sterile Processing Technician – Float Pool
We invite you to join our highly engaged Surgical team across the Scripps La Jolla, Green, Rancho Bernardo, Carmel Valley and Torrey Pines locations. Float Sterile Processing Technicians are rewarded for floating by selecting 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts, with no call, weekends or holiday requirement. Name your schedule!
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the cleaning, packaging, sterilization, storage, and distribution of medical instruments, equipment, and supplies used for patient care. Cleans and disinfects equipment requiring decontamination or sterilization according to designated principles of asepsis. Responsible for testing and recording of sterilizer equipment performance to ensure operating within sterility standards. Maintains established control systems for supplies and equipment processed.
Required Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Completion of college training program for SPD or online study program or completion of formal on the job training program.
- At least one (1) year of experience in Sterile Processing department
- Knowledge of sterilizers, surgical instrumentation, and medical equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or CBSPD Certification