The Sterilization Assistant will report to the Practice Director. The Sterilization Assistant is a key part of the ultimate patient experience Smile Doctors delivers. The Sterilization assistant is responsible for sterilizing all clinical equipment throughout the workday and maintaining a clean and orderly workflow. A Registered Dental Assistant certificate is a plus.
- Maintain a clean, sterile environment. Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and clean each clinical chair/instruments in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines
- Maintain adequate supply levels in each chair, replenishing as needed
- Work closely with the Point/Flow Directors to ensure appropriate and adequate clinical supplies are available
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- After care communication (care calls, note cards etc...)
- Regular and punctual attendance
What a successful Assistant looks like...
- Outgoing (not afraid to sing and dance with patients)
- Willing to learn and be taught
About this position
- 1 year as an assistant in the dental field
- RDA certificate within 30 days of starting position
- High school or equivalent
This job operates in an upbeat clinical office environment. This role routinely uses standard dental equipment such as x-rays, clinical hand tools, mirrors, etc. This role routinely uses specialized sterilization equipment. This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers, printers, and cameras.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is required to routinely use their hands with detailed dexterity when performing job duties. This is an active role; the team member will be required to stand, walk, and bend over routinely to perform all duties.