POSITION: Stewarding Manager
DEPARTMENT: Assets and Distribution
REPORTS TO: Executive Stewarding Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried - Exempt
SAVOR...Chicago, the leading food service provider located at McCormick Place Convention Center has an immediate opening for a Stewarding Manager. This position directs hourly staff, leads and coordinates related training, operational plans and scheduling associated with the Banquet, Restaurant and Utility Stewards. The ideal candidate will oversee the cleaning of the Food and Beverage areas and ware washing of all food service equipment. This position plays an active role in sanitation, food safety and training and is responsible for inspecting and maintaining operational sanitation standards at all times.
* Responsible for scheduling and monitoring of stewards to distribute, track and recovery of equipment needed to execute banquets and event business.
* Coordinate and oversee stewards in organizing and storing equipment in proper areas.
* Coordinate and oversee stewards in cleaning pantry areas.
* Coordinate and oversee stewards in delivering food items for events.
* Coordinate equipment requisitions and manage the delivery of equipment
* Responsible for scheduling and monitoring of stewards assigned to the Restaurant/Concession Department, Kitchens and event breakdown/cleaning.
* Coordinate and oversee stewards in back of house breakdown areas for banquet functions.
* Coordinate and oversee stewards with ware washing.
* Coordinate and oversee stewards in the cleaning and sanitizing of kitchens and back of house restaurant locations.
* Establish operational cleaning schedules and processes for unit operation.
* Conduct daily inspections to ensure production and dish areas meet company and health department standards. Take corrective action and follow-up where necessary.
* Serve Safe or equivalent Sanitation Certification
Education and/or Experience:
* Minimum 3 years industry experience in management level position with emphasis in Restaurant/Concessions, Convention Center or Stadium management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Prior supervisory experience
* Prior experience in an Union environment
* Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Must be flexible, have a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues.
Salary Range: $42k-$48k
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled