Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Stewarding Supervisor will assist the Executive Steward and the Food & Beverage leadership team to ensure sanitation, cleanliness and organization of kitchen equipment, china, glassware and flatware. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Job duties include; although are not limited to:
- Ordering supplies appropriately to ensure proper par levels are maintained
- Assisting with inventory and storage of food and beverage equipment
- Ensuring all ware washing equipment and equipment in the kitchen is clean and in proper working condition, reviewing daily cleanliness practices with stewarding team and keeping up with daily cleaning schedule
- Assisting in spearheading and managing the kitchen recycling program; assisting the Executive Steward and Executive Chef upon request with special projects and initiatives
- Maintaining cleanliness of all back of the house areas including kitchens and walk- ins
- Delivering food for banquet events and breakdown stations for the conclusion of the event
- High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ stewarding experience, with 1 years’ experience in a stewarding leadership role
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Knowledge of housekeeping service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity and other expenses
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems. Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, squat, stretch and fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F). Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. occasionally. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Montage Recruitment Manager at (949) 715-1396 and/or email such as email@example.com.