Do you want to make a difference?
Do you enjoy providing care to people?
Do you want a rewarding career?
Are you a State Tested Nurse Aide?
If any of the above bulletins apply to you, you want to take the time to apply for this position!
Valley Oaks Care Center is a 99 bed skilled nursing facility within East Liverpool, Oh. We offer inpatient therapy stay as well as long term care.
The facility offers competitive pay, shift differential, 12 hour shifts (6a-6p & 6p-6a) as well as Health, Dental & Vision insurance! New to our company, we are offering PTO accumulation per hour worked - meaning you don't have to wait 90 days or even a year for PTO hours to be available for use like at other facilities.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to work at Valley Oaks Care Center!
Apply today and get started with this great career!
AFTER APPLYING - COMPLETE STEP BELOW:
To be considered for this position, please follow this link and complete our Employee Assessment!
Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, carries out routine patient care and participating in more complex patient care needs. Communicates all independent observations to the team nurse/charge Nurse. Documents as assigned. May participate in patient care conferences as assigned. May function as a preceptor for new nursing assistants. Carries out all duties as assigned by the charge nurse.
- Clinical training and/or restorative training established by State, Federal and facility policy.
Resident Personal Hygiene:
- Bed baths, showers, century tub baths
- Shampoo, groom hair, shaving, nail care
- Oral hygiene- mouth, teeth, denture care
- Back rubs, applying lotion to bony prominence
- Dress patients that are unable to dress themselves; provide assistance. Encourage Independence.
- Utilize the bed pan or transfer patient to the toilet/commode as necessary.
- Skin and peri care. Documentation of bowel movement.
- Temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and documentation.
- Urine specimen collection for urinalysis.
- Utilize transfer techniques according to policy.
- Ambulate patients as ordered.
- Use safety measures as ordered- restraints, walkers, wheelchairs.
- Use of active and passive range of motion as assigned.
- Feed patients as assigned; document.
- Record intake and output.
- Weigh patients.
- Maintain the patient’s unit in a safe, clean, orderly manner.
- Bed-making: occupied and unoccupied.
- Isolation technique.
- Cleaning as assigned, i.e.-kitchen, utility room, equipment, etc.
- Maintain linen.
- Maintain fresh, clean water for the patient.
- Knowledge of clean technique.
- Maintain Foley bags.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices for weather, fire and other hazards.
- Report status of patients to Charge Nurses.
- Maintain a good rapport with other departments.
- Maintain professional relationships with co-workers.