- Contribute to the product flow process in the store by receiving daily shipments and distributing to sales floor as directed.
- Prepare, record, and distribute all customer shipping orders. Monitor speed and accuracy of deliveries.
- Maintain organization & cleanliness of shipping area.
- Assist in other store functions as needed.
- Greet and engage customers in the store.
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to customer questions or issues regarding product features, benefits, availability.
- Utilize sales skills and excellent customer service to drive store sales.
- Perform all required cash register transactions, such as sales and exchanges, efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain store standards for visual merchandising, cleanliness and safety.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires less than 2 years of general experience.
- Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Basic math, organization skills and ability to operate a Point of Sale (POS) system required.
- Requires the ability to use a telephone and computerized systems.
- Perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders.
- Stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day.
- Move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, and climb a ladder.
- Regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Availability to work retail store schedule – Sunday to Saturday
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
For US/CAN Postings Only:
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.