This position assures sensational service delivery to customers through the performance of a variety of job duties. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting customers with their selections, assuring the quality and freshness of product, assuring that the appropriate variety of product is available, merchandising according to department standards and assisting other members of the retail team as needed to assure service excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Assure all stock is maintained at the appropriate level by restocking cases and shelves as needed to assure adequate inventory levels of each product are displayed to avoid lost sales from product shortages.
- Follow stock rotation guidelines to assure distressed and close dated product is removed from the sales floor at the appropriate period to maximize product freshness and quality for our customers.
- Maintain pricing integrity by ensuring products are labeled and priced correctly and errors that do occur, are immediately brought to the attention of the manager and corrected.
- Follow prescribed merchandising guidelines to assure product is presented in the most desirable way to maximize appearance, presentation, and sales.
- Provide sensational customer service.
- Maximize product sales by telling customers about products, offering samples and suggestions for use, preparation and menu ideas.
- Follow all food safety guidelines including hand washing, sanitizing, cooling, heating, and storing of product to guard against contamination and assure all product is safe for consumption.
- Follow all safety guidelines to ensure safe work practices are used at all times and to ensure a safe working and shopping environment is maintained at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including selling and backroom areas that are free from debris and clutter with clean floors, cases, shelves, glass, clean and organized coolers and/or storage areas and clean and/or sanitized equipment and/or tools as appropriate for the area.
- Assist in receiving product deliveries, providing an accurate accounting of quantities and items received to assure that receiving records reflect an accurate accounting of goods delivered
- Required: Secondary school math skills or equivalent
- Desired: High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Licensing Required: None
- Customer service experience preferred
4. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Must demonstrate sound communication skills, a clear command of the English language, and the ability to speak and converse in a clear and understandable manner
- Communication skills, and the ability to follow instruction
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic including counting, addition and subtraction
- Team relations skills