Job Title: Retail Stock Clerk
Inventories, stores, prices, and stocks merchandise displays in retail store by performing the following duties. Promote the general welfare of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service. Follow company policies and procedures.
- Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Requisitions merchandise from warehouse based on available space, merchandise on hand customer demand, or advertised specials. Receives, opens, and unpacks cartons or crates of merchandise, checking shipping ticket against items received. Stamps, attaches, or changes price tags on merchandise, referring to picking ticket. Stocks storage areas and displays with new or transferred merchandise. Sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales. Cleans display cases, coolers, shelves, restrooms, aisles and back room areas.
- Breakdown and remove cardboard from store. Unloads delivery trucks. Packs customer purchases in bags.
- Transports package to specified vehicle for customer and/or other customer service. Retrieves buggies from parking lot.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, G.E. D., or continuing high school studies.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 80 pounds. Place up to 50 pound box on top of a 6’ high shelf and return same. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.