Position Title: Stocker - Receiving
Supervisor: Receiving Manager, Assistant Receiving Manager and Receiving Supervisor
The Stocker is responsible for ensuring all products are delivered to their assigned department or area The Stocker may also pack out and stock merchandise to ensure continuous availability for customers.
In addition, they must ensure that all customers that they encounter are greeted and assisted in a friendly manner. It is also the employee’s responsibility to service any customers that may require assistance selecting and retrieving products from the shelves.
- Removes pallets from delivery trucks with the use of scooter or pallet/pump jack
- Stages the pallets and merchandise so that the supervisor can perform the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations
- Breaks down vendor pallets and separates products for different departments
- Secures product on pallets by properly stocking merchandise and securing them with wrap
- Completes block tags with item number and date of delivery and attaches the block tag to the pallets to ensure proper identification and rotation.
- Moves pallets to designated departments
- Keeps work area safe by promptly handling any spills and removing and properly disposing of any trash such as plastic wrap, plastic ties, pieces of wood or any other debris.
- Performs required safety checks of equipment before use.
- Informs supervisor of any safety concerns.
- Provides basic maintenance to equipment such as charging the electric equipment.
- Provides prompt, courteous and friendly customer service.
- Assist customers with loading and off-loading of product as needed.
- Assists customers with product location and detailed information when needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
- Must wear steel toe boots
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift strength (0”- 60”) – 50 lbs
- Overhead lift strength – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Horizontal push/pull strength – 500 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – constantly
- Bend over/stoop – frequently
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat – occasionally
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Basic Math skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to provide superior Customer Service.
- Familiarity of departmental products.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- For the most part the ambient depend on temperature outside, as receiving doors are kept mostly open. May need to enter cold areas when receiving product for the Deli, Produce, or Meat Departments.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, HiLo) moving material throughout the warehouse.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.
Benefits: 100% Company Paid Medical/Dental Plan and Annuity Program.