What's cool about this job
The Stocking Specialist is responsible for making sure our customers have the best retail experience possible. We want our customers to be best outfitted for their next adventure and it’s up to the Stocking Specialist to ensure that merchandise is properly priced and available to customers shopping on the sales floor. In addition to providing a great shopping experience for the customer, the Stocking Specialist will be responsible for organizing back-stock and making sure the merchandise is properly organized in the store warehouse. Here are some daily activities you can expect as a Stocking Specialist:
- Helps unload and distribute merchandise from replenishment shipments or VTSS drop shipments
- Prices, organizes, hangs or distributes merchandise according to stated REI stocking procedures and visual guidelines.
- Organizes and maintains store warehouse, supplies and fixtures according to management direction
- Follows Loss Prevention guidelines as directed by store management including EAS tagging, proper trash/recycling removal, and price auditing.
- Follows proper lifting techniques
- Assists with sale prep or damage and dent sale set up as requested.
Bring your passion and expertise
You’re organized. You have an eye for detail. You are passionate about the REI customer experience. These are a few things we’re looking for with our Stocking Specialists. Ultimately, we look for employees who can provide excellent service to our customers, demonstrate support and respect for their team members and have a passion for the outdoors. Here are some skills we look for in our Stocking Specialists:
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally, with assistance
- Basic computing skills which include the ability to navigate simple ticket printing applications or look up product information.
- Previous experience in a warehouse, retail or shipping/receiving environment preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated. Multi tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills: clear, concise and positive.
- Remains flexible in working various requested shifts