Standard Hours for 2nd Shift are 3:30PM to 12AM, Monday through Friday.
This position performs day to day warehousing duties to include: operating industrial forktrucks to perform material handling assignments. Identify, record, and transport materials to and from storage areas, machines and loadings docks, and production lines. This position is also responsible sorting, cleaning, and delivering dunnage to the appropriate areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in parts receiving as directed.
- Check new and core parts into the warehouse system and records history of transaction in the company inventory system.
- Pulls and delivers parts from warehouse to production lines.
- Stores finished goods and assist in shipping and maintaining accurate finished goods inventory as directed.
- Operates company forktrucks in a safe manner, performs daily inspections, and reports maintenance issues to maintenance or Warehouse Supervisor.
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
- Participates in cycle counting and inventory audits.
- Operates pass-through dunnage washer and maintains counts and location accuracy of dunnage
- Performs warehouse processes to TS 14969 standards.
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management.
Work is performed with exposure to harsh conditions such as: dust, mist/moisture, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Sitting 20%, standing/walking 70%. Frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years of previous warehousing experience in inventory control, shipping and receiving, and stockkeeping preferred.
- Ability to be certified on multiple styles of forktrucks, and a high degree of attention required to prevent injury to others.
- Ability to read and write and add and subtract whole numbers.
- Must have the ability to multi-task by balancing/prioritizing 1-5 cases at any given time.
- Requires the ability to work as a member of a team with co-workers, customers, and suppliers.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education.
- Computer literacy/experience required. Must be proficient in Windows environments. Working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, e-mail, and PICK.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position