Build a Progressive Career Home with a Growing Global Industry Leader Excellent training advancement opportunities great culture competitive pay great benefits If you combine the ability to complete repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment with attention to detail and the motivation to learn and grow professionally, this position offers you several compelling opportunities. You will:
- Enjoy strong training to prepare completed jobs for shipping; optical experience is preferred, but whether you have it or not, we'll set you up for success.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance; we are committed to hiring from within whenever possible.
- Join a collaborative, upbeat team in one of the largest optical processing facilities in the nation.
- Enjoy the stability and resources of a growing global organization -- our recent merger with Luxottica has made us the world's largest player in the eyewear industry.
- Earn a competitive wage and first rate benefits that include all you would expect as well as some pleasant surprises, such as lots of opportunity for overtime with extra pay.
To be a good fit for the Stockroom Clerk, you will have:
Improving Lives By Improving Sight
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous related work experience is preferred but not required. Experience in manufacturing, optical and/orlab settings would be ideal.
. Midland Optical, a division of Essilor of America, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of eyeglass lenses in the United States, employs more than 7,000 people and operates the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the U.S. Essilor of America, Inc. is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux, Crizal, Transitions, and other brands, and our products are worn by one billion people daily. Essilor has been on Forbes' list of the World's 100 Most Innovative Companies every year since 2010.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Stockroom Clerk opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Quick question for you - click here
- Previous related work experience is preferred but not required. Experience in manufacturing, optical and/or lab settings would be ideal.
- The ability to:
- Meet measurable quotas in a dynamic mailroom environment.
- Add, subtract and understand decimal sequencing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Write and comprehend short correspondence and memos.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven reading and comprehension skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Some computer skills.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize.
You need to know:
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.