Title: Stockroom / Inventory Control
Summary: Responsible for performing ongoing tasks associated with handling parts such as receiving, stocking issuing and delivery. Provide direct material support to the company's shop employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Issue parts to shop employees in response to their needs. Issuing parts includes the completion of correct documentation to record the transaction, reacting to stock outs by notifying the buyer, and providing responsive customer service.
• Receive parts into inventory, verifying pack list and material.
• Stock parts after receipt into inventory by placing material into correct storage location, following procedures and maintaining lot integrity.
• Notify requisitioner after parts are received (one time orders or back-in-stock).
• Deliver parts, as required, making sure to follow safety and material handling rules.
• Communicate out of stock or special needs to help ensure that stock fill rates and lead times are optimized.
• Pick up parts using company vehicle, as directed by Supervisor. When picking up parts, the Storeroom Clerk is responsible for documentation (packing slips).
• Follow procedures such as factory rules for building access, safety, parking and administrative requirements (such as entering data, completion of records).
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Releases packing sheets for invoicing.
• Inventory control, cycle counts, inventory audit, lot/serial control, quality compliance.
• Unload & sort shipments and deliveries.
• Package and ship parts orders via UPS.
• Verify accuracy of shipments.
• Other related duties as assigned and required.
Qualifications:• 3+ years experience with inventory control in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and make appropriate decisions.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent. 1 to 2 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a
manufacturing environment and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level is frequently loud.
Management reserves the right to change above description as necessary without notice.
*** PLEASE NOTE: POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY ***
DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU ARE WITHING REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT PROVIDED
ONLY THOSE WHO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH JOB HISTORY AND DATES
OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE GIVEN CONSIDERATION
- WE PERFORM DRUG SCREENING PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT -
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Life Insurance available