Position Title: Store Co-Manager
Reports To: Store Manager and District Sales Manager
Essential Position Responsibilities:
The Store Co-Manager is responsible for managing operations, maximizing sales and profitability within the store to which they are assigned.
The following are the essential functions of the position of Store Co-Manager. The following while comprehensive is not totally inclusive of all the duties that may be assigned to the Store Co-Manager by the Company. The company reserves the right to change the essential functions of this position at any time.
Responsible for the development of action plans that drive sales based on the strategies developed by the Store Sales Manager, District Sales Manager and/or the Company.
* Accountable for maximizing sales and profits within their store.
* Accountable for the highest standards in customer service, sales training, merchandising, inventory control, and store maintenance within their store.
* Responsible for the training of the Sales Associates on how to best manage people for maximum results.
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and salary recommendations for the Sales Associates within their store.
* Responsible for adapting visual merchandising guidelines and standards to their store.
* Responsible for assigning workload for the Sales Associates working in their store.
* Responsible for the recommendation of disciplinary action (up to and including termination) of non-performers working within their store.
* Responsible for managing sales incentive contest within the guidelines set by the Company within their store.
* Responsible for discussing product needs with the Store Sales Manager and District Sales Manager for their store.
* Responsible for helping the Store Manager meet their stores operating budget by ensuring payroll hours, wage dollars and scheduling guidelines are used to meet their stores staffing and payroll hours.
* Accountable for protecting the Company's assets by understanding and following inventory and management controls.
* Responsible for managing external vendors that might be assigned to perform work within their stores.
* Responsible for representing the Company at Labor Department inquiries as directed by the Human Resources Department.
Job descriptions are used for informational purposes only, are not to be considered all inclusive of responsibilities within a position, and may change periodically with or without notice. In addition, we reserve the right to add, delete, change duties, formally or informally, verbally or in writing, at any time for any position. Job descriptions do not alter the at-will policy of the Company, meaning that the employee or employer can terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.
Policy Statement: Jimmy Jazz and all its subsidiary Companies are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate or make hiring decisions based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other criteria that would violate any Federal or State laws.
* Higher Education degree or job experience equivalency
* The candidate should possess a minimum of 2-3 years experience in a specialty retail store environment.
* The candidate should have a proven track record of completing tasks within a fast paced, changing environment.
* The candidate should have a working knowledge of retail math.
* Required to stand for long periods of time during their shift
* Lifting between 15-30 pounds.
* To climb up and down ladders for the purpose of minor store maintenance issues and in conjunction with merchandising the store.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled