The primary purpose of the Store Leader position is to profitably lead the daily operations of a Royal Farms store. The ideal candidate for the Royal Farms team would be a person who would create a positive store culture by treating employees fairly and with respect. Additionally, they would be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus and operational excellence.
Duties and responsibilities
· Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
· Adhere to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and systems
· Support and follow all safety and loss prevention initiatives
· Assemble an effective retail team through recruiting, training and development, and timely performance feedback
· Implement a strategy to maintain operational excellence and consistency in store cleanliness, food safety, merchandising, and “just-in-time” replenishment
· Monitor and analyze business processes and results to profitably achieve Royal Farms goals
· Adhere to company policy for checking in external and internal vendors
· Ensure the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
· Connect with the community in which we operate to establish positive relationships
· Provide leadership to their retail team members that ensures a pleasant customer service experience
· Conduct meetings with retail team members and encourage on-going open communication, feedback and follow-up
· Resolution oriented in all Employee Relations (ER) activities
· Ensure the compliance of Royal Farms’ policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
· Complete other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Store Leader position must be at least 18 years old and will:
· Have consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
· Understand that their success depends on their team’s success, aspiring to make the people around them better than they currently are
· Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
· Have at least 2 years’ fast food/retail management experience.
· Have earned a high school diploma or GED
· 2-year college degree preferred
· Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making skills.
· Must be able to travel as required
· Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
· Be ServSafe Certified currently or be able to become ServSafe Certified and maintain the certification. Must be certified within 6 months of placement into the position.
· Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
· Be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day