Store Management is responsible assisting in the sales and execution of brakes services, alignment needs and/or oil changes. This position communicates directly with customers and directs team members in performing the selected service(s).
- Manages the bays according to scheduled appointments both for the customer and team members.
- Works directly with customers on their service needs and ensures each customer receives �autofairency�.
- Road-tests customer vehicles to confirm customer concerns have been addressed.
- Answers Store telephone calls timely and in a professional manner when Corporate Director or Store Director is unavailable.
- Responsible for work environment, relationships, visual presentation standards, and operational compliance of the store.
- Orders and negotiates prices on parts when unavailable in existing inventory.
- Consistently insures the safety of team members, customers, visitors, and vendors by maintaining knowledge and consistent application of all safety policies.
- Trains, manages and retains team members, including supervising, and appraising work; rewarding, motivating, addressing team member complaints and resolving problems.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Possess a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the insurance carrier.
Desired Education and Experience
- Previous sales experience.
- Hands on automotive repair experience
- Working knowledge of shop equipment and repair tools helpful.
- Average computer and tablet skills; able to navigate within the sales management software comfortably.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions.
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional people skills with a friendly persona that fosters trust and comfort with customers and team members.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high level of motivation and energy.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast -pace setting; Go Getter; must be accountable and driven to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule to ensure proper coverage of the Store, including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Good communications both written and verbal; speak and write clearly utilizing proper English grammar, effectively communicates with all levels of team members and management.
- Must be an independent thinker and innovative problem-solver, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Constantly communicates with customers and team members. Must be able to converse with and exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Continuously stands and walks on concrete or metal surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Constantly climb in and out of various vehicles.
- Frequently required to reach overhead and below the knees, squat, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl.
- Often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard or tablet.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Able to climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate required hand tools, mechanical tools.
- Must be able to function well in a physically demanding environment that frequently exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Normal or corrected sight ability required.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- An acceptable criminal history background check
- Pre-employment substance abuse testing
- Must provide and maintain a full set of hand tools and locking toolbox or participate in Company Tool Store program.
Brake Check is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.