Expectation For All DTLR/Villa Employees
Support DTLR/Villa's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, individuality, commitment to the company, accountability and ownership.
Manages the day-to-day operations of a retail store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage. Hires, trains, maintains employee and guest relations. Responsible for instilling in all employees a strong desire to deliver superior customer service to every customer. Promotes the DTLR/Villa name and concept through the development of strong community relationships.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
- Maintains fiscal performance measured as follows:
- Promotes year to year sales growth
- Achieves sales margins per operating budget guidelines
- Maintains payroll costs per operating budget guidelines
- Controls shrink to company standards
- Inspects and reviews deliveries for proper quality and quantity
- Completes accurate and regular merchandise inventory counts
- Accurately accounts for all un-saleable merchandise
- Preferred management experience or equivalent with at least 2 years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation. Must be willing to travel via car, plane or train to meet business needs.
- Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language to effectively communicate with other employees, management and customers.
- Individuals must have demonstrated the ability to handle responsibility and understand the needs of the street lifestyle customer.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products is required.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Some analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time, stock shelves by climbing ladders or stairs, lift and move inventory up to 50 lbs., determine colors for merchandise stock and customer assistance, and work varied hours/days/locations to oversee store operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks anddemands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, customers, employees, or others).
DTLR/VILLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
DTLR/VILLA Inc.provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DTLR/VILLA Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DTLR/VILLA Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DTLR/VILLA Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including employment termination.