“You are applying for work with Chocolate Field Inc., a franchisee of Papa Murphy’s, not Papa Murphy’s International, Inc., or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.”
The Store Manager is responsible for all facets of the Papa Murphy’s store while continually promoting a culture that embraces the company’s core values of Quality, Service, Integrity, and Team Work.
To successfully perform the Store Manager role an individual must be able to accomplish the following, but not limited to, duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the efficient and cost-effective operation of a single store, which includes, but is not limited to profitability, employee relations, marketing, optimum food and labor costs, and minimizing waste.
- Foster a culture of upward development of team members.
- Ensure that operational standards for the store are met.
- Inspect all prep areas, equipment, and utensils to ensure sanitary standards are met in accordance with company and local health department standards.
- Prepare reports to track metrics including food cost, waste, sales, inventory and hours worked by team members.
- Construct the "build to" portion of the "Prep Chart" and complete/supervise product prep.
- Oversee the physical facility including minor repair and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Monitor inventory of food and beverage products.
- Monitor build-to levels and submits orders to vendors that are within store guidelines.
- Check all vendor deliveries for type, quantity, and cost accuracy.
- Communicate menu/price changes, shortages and encourages team members to promote specials and add-on sales.
- Project and recognize accurate sales trends to ensure accurate levels of product.
- Monitor and manage Market Force and In Moment feedback, communication with guest, resolving guest concerns with the utmost professionalism, maintaining total guest satisfaction.
- Monitor cash procedures in the store and ensure accuracy of bank deposits, cash drawers, and justify all cash variances.
- Track and reconcile all promotion coupons and gift certificates and balance them with the daily sales report.
- Recruit, interview, staff, conduct orientations, and train store team members.
- Evaluate work performance, completing performance evaluations and handling corrective disciplinary action of team members.
- Prepare and post the weekly schedules for team members in accordance with state and/or local scheduling laws. In locations with no predictive scheduling requirements exist, team member schedules must be posted at least one week in advance.
- Ensure store complies with all Federal, State and Local labor laws.
- Respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service and respond to requests for service and assistance with ease.
- Participate in local store marketing (LSM) activities for the market.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times by wearing clean and wrinkle-free Papa Murphy's uniform and ensure all team members maintain the same image.
- Ensure that pizza assembly times are maintained, assisting as needed in back and front of house pizza preparation as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2-5 Years previous supervisory and QSR management experience.
- Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
- Food Handlers Card and/or Serve Safe Certified preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and strong leadership.
- Ability to effectively manage people.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage various difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and POS.
- Ability to read and apply fundamental math skills, including weights and measurements.
- Knowledge of store financials, P & L's, break-even analysis, food cost analysis, labor cost analysis and other financial information relative to store operations.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Flexibility to cover shifts in the event of absent employees.
- Ability to maintain safe standards for front and back of house.
- Regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to bend and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to maintain punctual and regular attendance.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.