Does your cat wear sunglasses? Does your dog have more sweaters than you? If you’re the leader of the pack and enjoy providing products and services that enrich pets’ lives, then come work in our neighborhood!
As a Store Team Leader at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will:
- lead your store team by example – including, but definitely not limited to, being the first one on the floor to play with a neighbor’s new puppy
- recognize the director of your local cat shelter at the register and volunteer to host the next adoption event
- analyze your store sales results and develop plans to maximize sales, neighbor engagement and productivity. And then inspire your team to help you attain those goals
- create a fun, positive environment for your team and your neighbors; and a reputation for neighborly, knowledgeable, trustworthy and petcentric service in your neighborhood
…all while engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you a leader to beat all leaders? No, you are more than that. You are PAWsome!
Store Team Leader key responsibilities include:
- Adhering to operational policies and procedures (animal care, safety, cleanliness and security) that ensure exceptional service is provided to our neighbors.
- Achieving strong store audit and neighbor engagement scores which promote our brand.
- Using broad business knowledge to affect store results, including sales (including grooming and services, where applicable), loyalty program membership, and neighbor engagement, while operating within budget.
- Ensuring weekly work schedules are created to maximize productivity and engagement.
- Promoting team member engagement and morale by understanding individual motivation and needs, recognizing and rewarding successful performance, and helping them achieve career goals.
- Maintaining a fully staffed team and leading recruiting and onboarding for all levels in the store.
- Cultivating a learning culture by providing exceptional onboarding and development opportunities, along with coaching and feedback to team members.
- Connecting with community organizations to partner on events and marketing opportunities.
PAWsome Store Team Leader candidates will have:
- 2+ years’ experience leading retail teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Office knowledge is a must, as well as good communication skills.
- Ability to operate all equipment, including a forklift, to run the store is important, as well as being able to climb ladders, bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds (that cat litter can be heavy!).
- Ability to work flexible schedules, have reliable transportation, must pass a drug screening and be 18 years of age or older.
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 500 locations in 34 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 46 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2019 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.