- At the direction of the Training Manager, the SMIT supervises, trains, and develops store Team Members on Family Dollar operating practices and procedures (e.g., Door to Shelf). Must be able to effectively communicate and explain these (and other) standards and procedures to Team Members when directed by Training Manager.
- Greets and assists customers in a positive, approachable manner. Answers questions and resolves customer inquiries and concerns.
- Assists the Training Manager in weekly ordering of merchandise using cycle counts to ensure in-stock representation.
- At the direction of the Training Manager, the SMIT assists in unloading all merchandise from delivery truck, organizes merchandise, and transfers merchandise from stockroom to store.
- Assists the Training Manager in loss prevention efforts by maintaining a presence in the store and providing excellent customer service.
- Acquires knowledge and executes all duties necessary for the effective and profitable operation of the store.
Education: Prefer completion of high school or equivalent. Ability to read, interpret and explain to others operational directives (e.g., merchandise schematics, etc).
Experience: Prefer store management experience in retail, grocery or drug store environments.
Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs. (and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above shoulder height; must be ableto meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Availability: Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Skills & Competencies: Customer Focus, Results Driven, Strong Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Problem Solving/Decision Making, Job Knowledge and Relationship Management.
Job : Store Management
Primary Location: MD-Baltimore-06843/1 MD BALTIMORE 06843/1 MD BALTIMORE 5511 EDMONDSON AVE
Job Level: Manager
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Background Check Required: Yes
Drug Screen Required: 522780