Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager. The ideal candidate is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
- Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
- Potential Bonus Opportunity
- Entry into the President's Club for top sales managers, earning an annual all-inclusive getaway
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all departments in the showroom.
- Oversee all sales including margins, volume, quotas, and closing ratios, while developing and implementing future goals.
- Handle all customer related issues escalated above the Guest Experience Manager.
- Work with the Visual Presentation Manager regarding product placement.
- Report changes in policy and other information to staff members.
- Provide exceptional leadership to the sales, guest experience, and visual teams.
- Coach members of the staff to build individual and team success in a professional manner.
- Maintain budgeted administrative costs including wages and supplies.
- Audit the performance of employees and provide additional support or training if needed.
- Ensure complete and adequate documentation of procedures and tasks completed.
- Complete various report functions in a timely manner.
- Hire, train, and coach the sales team.
- Prepare and administer performance evaluations for assigned staff.
- Provide timely and effective communications.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned, essential or otherwise.
- High School diploma (Bachelor Degree in Business preferred).
- 2-4 years of proven experience in furniture retail management in a commissioned based sales environment.
- Previous supervisory experience is a must.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn in-house computer programs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, and travel as needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in team building skills.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.