SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for overseeing the general business management for an assigned NAPA store, achieving maximum market penetration, driving store growth, and increasing sales and profitability by creating a superior customer experience. A person in this position provides daily leadership to all store personnel and establishes a work experience that promotes the NAPA culture and enables NAPA to be the dominant parts supplier in the market.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)*
- Monitors store sales and operational performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Works and communicates with regional manager to establish initiatives and business plans for the store.
- Works with regional manager to develop, update and execute annual budgets and action plans.
- Works with outside sales associate(s) in the identification, development, and maintenance of new and existing accounts.
- Identifies revenue opportunities for store, and implements strategies and initiatives to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Ensures both retail and wholesale customer service is maintained at a high level.
- Builds a store team that consistently delivers high levels of customer service and business results. Coaches team to achieve success in sales and to provide superior delivery service.
- Coordinate planning and collaborate on the development, assessment, implementation and tracking of store growth initiatives.
- Ensures that merchandise is received and stocked in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that all delivery vehicles are kept in working order and are maintained in such a way as to represent our company in a positive manner to both our customers and the public.
- Ensures overall cleanliness of the store, stock room and outside areas.
- Partners with regional manager and HR for recruitment and employee relations for store personnel.
- Perform other assignments and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License required. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet driving requirements set by Dyna Parts.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field preferred, plus previous retail sales/management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Ability to process cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to multi-task and is self-motivated.
- Extensive understanding of all retail store positions.
- Ability to achieve quotas regularly; proficient in achieving goals and KPI’s set by Dyna Parts.
- Sound decision making capability; extensive people/leadership skills.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Ability to speak clearly, listen attentively, and understand others as well as ability to give and receive instructions via telephone, computer messages, face-to-face, and in writing.
*The functions described herein are not the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the individual occupying this position. The individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor or manager. Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the responsibilities of this position successfully, the individual will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. “Ability” means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
This job description includes the essential functions of the job that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The Company maintains “at will” employment. This job description is subject to review, and may be revised or updated at management’s discretion.