Oversees merchandising, financial management, sales staff supervision, and overall store management.
- Customer Service : Supervises a significant customer service team or unit delivering activities to meet customer service standards while contributes to the establishment and implementation of these services standards.
- Leadership and Direction : Delivers outcomes by managing others and working within established systems.
- Sales (Manager) : Personally sells standard products and services to customers and/or supervises a team of sales advisors.
- Budgeting & Costing : Tracks budgets and brings variances to the attention of senior colleagues while working within established budgeting systems.
- Building Capability : Builds own capabilities and develops the capabilities of direct reports by working within existing development framework; provides specialized training or coaching in area of expertise to others throughout the organization.
- Performance Management : Sets short term objectives and helps manage the performance of direct reports by working within performance management systems.
- Safety, Health and Environment : Takes responsibility for managing a designated safety, health and environment work program to achieve prescribed outcomes.
- Work Scheduling / Allocation : Assigns short-term work schedules to a team of subordinates in order to achieve expectations and follow established timelines.
- Communicates effectively : Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, disseminates knowledge, insights, and updates in a polished, precise, and compelling manner. Demonstrates a deep interest in others' comments. Creates rich documents and reports.
- Plans and aligns : Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, strengthens alignment and coordination between own work and others', providing well-sequenced activities and exact time frames. Foresees and resolves many potential bottlenecks and delays.
- Manages complexity : Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, quickly determines the most critical data and focuses analysis there; recognizes even subtle symptoms that indicate problems; probes deeply for root causes; uses systematic problem-solving methods. well.
- Customer focus : Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. For example, digs deeply into customer feedback and drives the innovations that can enable the organization to better meet customers' future needs. Frequently adjusts approach to ensure customer needs are met and to improve service.
- Financial acumen : Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions. For example, gathers the financial data and metrics essential for the role; interprets quantitative and financial data accurately; seeks guidance, as appropriate.
- Collaborates : Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, readily involves others to accomplish goals; stays in touch and shares information; discourages "us versus them" thinking; shows appreciation for others' ideas and input.
- Review and Reporting : Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on reviewing and creating relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- Verbal Communication : Applies comprehensive knowledge to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on using clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Commercial Acumen : Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
- Customer Service Delivery : Works independently using comprehensive knowledge and skills while guiding and training others on meeting high customer service standards.
- Customer System Operation : Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on understanding and effectively operating all customer management systems.
- Planning and Organizing : Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Risk Management : Identifies, assesses, prioritizes and manages risks in a production process without supervision and provides technical guidance when required.
- Action Planning : Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing appropriate plans or performing necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- Policy and procedures : Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Health and Safety : Applies comprehensive knowledge and skills to independently manage and apply safe systems of work while providing guidance and training to others.
- Customer and Market Analysis : Conducts research and analyzes data without supervision while providing technical guidance as needed in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and market conditions that enables maximum return on investments.
- Managerial Experience : Experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes (13 months to 3 years)
- General Experience : Experience enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others (Over 3 years to 6 years)
- General Education : High School / FE College (2 A Levels)