HOLLYWOOD FEED CDL DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, bad weather, or tight loading docks.
- Report any breakdowns, adverse weather, traffic conditions, or other emergencies that may cause delays to the pickup or delivery of cargo.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including Electronic Drivers’ Logs, record of fuel purchases, mileage records, or any other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, local, and company regulations for safe operations of a CMV.
- Professionally interact with other employees and customers.
- Communicate openly and respectfully with supervisors and coworkers.
- Effectively operate both independently and as a part of a team.
As a Hollywood Feed CDL Driver, requirements can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must have a valid CMV License.
- Must have knowledge of DOT/FMCSA regulations.
- Must maintain a valid DOT Medical Certification and provide Hollywood Feed with an updated certification when acquired.
- Must have knowledge of the Hollywood Feed Driver Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Must have a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have the ability to read, write, perform basic math, handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, and maintain logs.
- Physically able to maintain balance on ladders or raised surfaces.
- Physically able to sit and remain alert while driving for a period of up to 13 hours.
- Physically able to lift 40lbs repeatedly up to head height multiple times a day.
- Physically able to repeatedly lift and carry 40lbs up to 40 ft in distance multiple times a day.
- Physically able to bend, kneel, push, pull, reach, squat, crouch, and twist multiple times a day.
- Physically able to hook & unhook trailers from tractor, pushing, pulling and cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers.
- Physically able to load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical handling equipment.
- Physically able to shift a manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Physically able to enter and exit cab 8 to 10 times per day. Cab floor level is generally 36 to 66 inches above ground level, with entry and exit achieved via the assistance of various steps and handholds.
- Physically able to reach above shoulder level, waist level, and below waist level.
- Physically able to walk on surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal, realizing that these surfaces could be slippery or wet.
- Expected to inspect truck and trailer for defects and safe operating condition before and after each trip.
- Expected to have open availability and weekend availability (unless other terms are agreed upon at time of hire).
- Required to log into World Manager once during each shift for company policy updates and more; must complete assigned trainings; must fill out incident reports in World Manager when required.
About Hollywood Feed
In the 1950s, Hollywood Feed opened our first pet supply store on the corner of Hollywood Street and Chelsea Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee. Hollywood Feed is known for friendly and knowledgeable service more than half a century later. We've grown from a single store in Memphis to a pet retail presence spanning the country, with new locations opening each year.
We've kept the name Hollywood Feed, despite some confusion, because we want to draw attention to our past and the pet lovers who started the company, the pet lovers who worked tirelessly over the years, and the pet lovers who shopped and continue to shop with us to make the company what it is today.