• 5+ years of experience as an Assistant Manager or Supervisor at a retail store.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must have a valid, infraction-free Driver’s License.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in written and oral forms is required.
• Strong capability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Skilled at basic arithmetic operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Demonstrated experience operating a cash register, computer console, and other related equipment and tools.
• Knowledge and application of proper sanitation and safety requirements associated with food storage and serving.
• Ability to learn basic and deep cleaning methods and procedures.
• Familiarity and ability to perform various computer operations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of goods and services of a retail store.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills with proven success in meeting established deadlines.
• Experience planning, coordinating, and monitoring the work of others.
• Ability to see up close and far away, and be able to tell colors and have depth perception.
• Ability to maintain a variety of logs, records, and reports related to the assigned functions.
• Ability to work alone whenever necessary with minimal or no supervision/direction.
• Proven experience with developing and maintaining effective work relationships with those contracted in the performance of required duties.
• Knowledge of basic record-keeping practices and methods, including scheduling.
• Ability to coach & develop employees through knowledge of supervisory methods, principles and techniques.
• Proven success in training others in the proper use of store equipment, tools, and materials.
• Excellent experience with initiating merchandising and displays in store.
• Experiences with preparing a variety of records and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to use a computer to complete and analyze reports, manage inventory, and control cash.
• Full understanding of competitive relationships and market drivers as well as company merchandising practices/procedures.
• Working conditions are in a retail store environment and can be stressful when dealing with the public.
• Be able to work irregular shifts, including weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays
• Ability to occasionally grasp and manipulate objects. This work requires eye-hand coordination, and may require bilateral coordination of hands up to 4 hours of workday.
• Approximately 75% of work indoors (there are times when an employee will work outside for extended periods of times beyond this percentage).
o Ability to occasionally climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, and/or place or remove signage.
o Be exposed to intermittent outdoor hot or cold temperatures and external environmental insects when performing tasks outdoors.
o Be exposed to intermittent indoor cold temperature extremes when working in walk-in cooler or freezer.
o Be exposed to intermittent noise (i.e., cash register, telephone, etc.).
o Work in small spaces at times.
o Ability to stand and/or walk for an at least 8 hours.
o Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead up to 30 minutes of workday (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels) with appropriate safety equipment
• Direct, supervise, and organize all daily retail operations of store according to Company policy.
• Prepare and oversee proper and thorough preparation of necessary reports and paperwork by employees daily, weekly, monthly.
• Maintain staffing (hiring and employee reorganization); create schedules to meet business needs and ensure excellent customer service.
• Ensure that all state and federal labor laws/ regulations are adhered to; interact with Human Resources department on a regular basis to ensure compliance.
• Maintain clean and polished appearance of store all areas of the store, both indoor and outdoor; make repairs as necessary.
• Ensure all required marketing (posters, signage, etc.) are displayed appropriately.
• Maintain professional conduct, display a positive attitude, and adhere to Dress Code policy at all times during work shifts, enforce Dress Code policy to employees.
• Practice excellent customer service to everyone who enters the store, assist with purchases and up-sell items to increase store profitability (includes car washes).
• Effectively utilize all transactional equipment (cash registers, electronic safe, lottery, fuel, phone card, EBT, and credit card, etc.) to efficiently process customer transactions. Provide assistance/training to all store personnel in utilizing transactional equipment.
• Adhere to and enforce proper cash handling procedures to prevent losses and enforce security controls established by Company (drive-offs, burglary, theft prevention, counterfeit bills, etc.).
• Use, operate, clean, deep clean, and maintain cleanliness of all food service equipment (coffee, fountain drink machine, frozen beverages, iced tea, hot dog grille, microwave, etc.). Provide assistance/training to all store personnel with food service equipment and maintenance.
• Prepares bank deposits, transfers money to the designated Financial Institution, and accurately completes and files associated paperwork per Company Policy. Change orders are immediately placed in a locked safe.
• Ensure all Company assets are properly secured; funds are placed in a locked safe, required documents are store in its proper location per Company policy.
• Post price changes of fuel on a daily basis, and ensures all other products have accurate prices posted daily utilizing computer-made signs and/or shelf tags.
• Analyze daily sales and expense information, perform all other financial analysis to maximize sales/net profits and review profit/loss statements to assist in making recommendations to increase profit margins.
• Receive supplies and products, verify orders received versus invoice data, physically place all ordered merchandise away in its appropriate location using the FIFO method; report invoice discrepancies to management.
• Check codes on merchandise when received and periodically thereafter to ensure merchandise is not out-of- date; follow company procedures for removal/disposal and recording out of date inventory, keep all back stock organized (use the FIFO method).
• Perform inventory duties, including following vendor check-in process, correct product pricing policies, and check/place codes on products according to policy.
• Act in accordance with and enforce all local, state, and federal laws and regulations; conducting daily, weekly, quarterly and annual duties.
• Documents all information pertaining to Incidents on appropriate company approved forms, corresponds with managers and HR.
• Ensure the accurate and timely training of all new staff members. Utilize all training documentation for training employees, complete thoroughly, and file in employee’s training file; mail New Hire Paperwork accurately to company policy.
• Ensure all new and existing store personnel are trained in all equipment operations/maintenance
• Perform on-going and timely performance evaluations on store personnel. Consistently provide performance feedback to store personnel involving all duties per the job descriptions.
• Actively resolve customer’s complaints through the customer care process, issuing refunds, exchanges, or voids in a timely and professional manner.
• Interact with vendors on ordering, promotions, and deliveries. Ensure stock levels are maintained within Company guidelines.
• Implement merchandising and service programs designed by management accurately and in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned by Retail Area Manager.