If you thrive on empowering a store team to achieve success, and are committed to providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced and friendly environment, consider a Store Manager position at Sprouts Farmer Market. As one of the fastest growing natural foods retailers, we’re seeking proven leaders who appreciate that healthy living is a journey and are ready to provide an inviting experience where shoppers and team members alike are inspired to make healthier choices.
Sprouts Store Managers are responsible for overseeing, managing and maximizing the entire business operations of an assigned Sprouts store and all of its related departments; including Produce, Bakery, Deli, Meat, Dairy, Frozen Foods, Vitamins, Beer/ Wine, Bulk Foods, and all other areas of the store.
The Store Manager is responsible for the efficient and profitable operations of the store, including all departments and department-related activities – ensuring cleanliness, safety and a well-stocked inventory. The Store Manager is also accountable for profits and losses, hiring and termination of employees, disciplinary actions, team member training and development, inventory, sales promotion execution and merchandising. Responsibilities also include managing staff issues, department managers, customer complaints, community relations, compliance with store policies and other administrative duties.
To be a Store Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Must have 1-3 years retail management.
- Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays as well as having flexibility with store assignments.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to give direction, while participating in a team environment.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers in an engaging manner.
- Be able to manage department staff to include: interviewing, hiring, training and development, delivering on-time performance appraisals, providing feedback, scheduling, counseling and terminating.
- Possess a proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff, while possessing a working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals.
- Have the ability to deal with emergencies, crises, and any problems which crop up during the day in the store, writing reports for accidents or other incidents such as when employees or customers are hurt within the store or in the parking lot and processes according to company procedures.
- Have a strong focus on detail, analytical and problem solving skills. Be able to coordinate sales promotion activities and prepare/supervise preparation of merchandise displays and advertising copy.
- Have a strong focus on food safety and sanitation, ensuring all food sold in the store is fresh. The Store Manager is responsible for ensuring dates on merchandise such as dairy products, meats, or baked goods are checked and expired food pulled off the shelves on a regular basis.
- Have and maintain Food Safety certification. Must also ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for all labor, health, safety and sanitation issues in order to maintain a safe and clean work environment for employees and customers to ensure compliance with all OSHA requirements, other governmental regulations and company standards.
- Have strong organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Have the ability to lift moderately heavy loads up to 75 lbs., the ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat and stand for long periods of time.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.