Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21’s Retail Operations Team and showcase your fashion retail skills while working with our exceptional retail staff!
Position: Store Manager
Department: Remote-Store Operations
Reports to: District Manager
Direct Reports: Yes
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 2000 Artic Ave., Suite #500, Atlantic City, NJ 8401
The Store Manager (SM) will provide leadership and direction to the entire store team, exuding excitement and professional presence. The SM will oversee all aspects of store performance through sales management, operational and personnel functions, as well as store visual aesthetics and environment. By initiating long-term strategies and company initiatives, the SM will also ensure maximum productivity, profitability, operational excellence and compliance with company procedures.
- Utilize strong decision making skills and discretion to establish business objectives and strategies
- Create and foster a culture that ensures the customer is the focus of all activities
- Oversee and maximize store volume and profit in accordance with store/company goals through excellent staffing, superb customer service and attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Ensure service, merchandising, and operational standards are met through company-defined practices and processes
- Monitor results by creating short-term and long-term strategies, processes, and events that ensure a positive in-store experience for both our store team and customers
- Lead talent selection, training, coaching, and engagement, retention, and recognition initiatives for all store employees
- Address poor performance by initiating and administering corrective action for all store employees
- Deliver annual performance reviews for team to promote progress and result against key targets
- Define personal leadership development by utilizing company tools and programs, while also actively seeking feedback from the team members, peers, and leaders
- Plan and promote the daily schedule of employees and the business which can include interviews, hires, schedules, and disciplines employees
- Develop and maintain network contacts to source candidates and develop recruiting strategies
- Spend at least 60% of the shift performing Leader on Duty tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree and/or relevant retail work experience preferred.
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years of retail management experience. College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred
- Must be skilled in leadership, coaching, and training, sales generation, strategic planning, authentic customer service, communication, conflict resolution, business acumen, time management, POS terminals, and general retail software proficiency
- Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make clear and defined decisions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and work with cleaning chemicals
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may include closing, weekend, and holiday shifts
At Forever 21, style isn’t dictated…It’s inspired. Forever 21 is the leading fashion retailer of the latest trends and the season’s hottest styles at can’t-resist-prices. U.S. and international locations stay true to the fast-fashion destination’s iconic store aesthetic giving fashion fans all over the globe the unforgettable shopping experience that is the one and only Forever 21.
Joining the Forever 21 family means joining an incredible team of talented, passionate and innovative people who work together to bring fashion to everyone, everywhere. We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals eager to thrive in our fast-paced, dynamic environment filled with vast opportunities for career growth and development. This is a place where your ideas become actualized, creativity is encouraged and the possibilities are endless.
Be part of something epic. Be part of Forever 21. Apply today!