This is a summary of some of the key duties, responsibilities, and physical demands expected of this position. It is not intended to be a complete job description.
Position Title: Store Manager
Is accountable for managing all day-to-day operations of an individual Store by performing the following duties. Store Managers must be 21 years of age or older, except where such requirements are prohibited by law.
- Supervises one or more lower-level management staff and other Store personnel.
- Supervises staff in accordance with corporate human resource policies.
- Monitors staffing, scheduling and motivation of staff.
- Recruits and hires new staff as needed.
- Maintains a structured Store training program, as set forth by the corporate office.
- Monitors operations to ensure that standards are met and maintained regarding customer service, merchandise presentations, Store cleanliness, shrinkage, and operating cost controls.
- Monitors deliveries to, and product movement within the Store to ensure effective inventory and merchandise management.
- Demonstrates salesmanship skills by maintaining sales and accessory levels as per established profit goals.
- Ensures the fiscal integrity of the Store by accounting for all cash, merchandise and other Store assets.
- Holds accountability for store sales and metrics.
- Holds accountability for stock and merchandise flow.
- Maintains company standards regarding store sales/performance metrics.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 8 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Required to work an average of 48 hours per week.