Our Pet Segment is searching for a Strategic Buyer in our Dallas, TX location. This Strategic Buyer position will work in conjunction with and under the general direction of the Commodity Manager in execution of the strategic plan, supplier management and negotiation strategies which aligns with the corporate goals.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
Measures of Success
- Leverage both current and new supplier relationships to drive cost reductions, negotiate long-term agreement, and form strategic partnerships that enhance the supplier portfolio to provide positive financial impacts and increased stability.
- Conduct thorough RFP process and supplier selection to achieve cost targets, adhere to contractual requirements and follow strategic plans.
- Initiate benchmark analysis to identify potential cost gaps and ensure price alignment across commodity.
- Conduct commodity and supplier analysis to recognize and implement potential opportunities, gaps and risk analysis, and areas for efficiency gains.
- Ascertain relevant market knowledge and best practices to offer alternative/improved solutions driving improvements in business operations.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- 5 years’ experience in Purchasing, preferably strategic planning with knowledge of chemical industry.
- Ability to effectively execute strategies across multiyear plans as well as cross functional reams and make data driven decisions.
- CPM or CPSM a plus
- Chemical Industry Association
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Office and Manufacturing environment.
- Some travel may be required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.