AGCO is currently seeking a Strategic Commodity Manager to join our North American Purchasing team in Duluth, GA. The Strategic Commodity Manager will play a key part in driving the development of strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracting, and ongoing ownership of a North American commodity strategy. Additionally, the Strategic Commodity Manager will interact on a regular basis with senior management while facilitating corporate initiatives to ensure best-in-class commodity performance results for the company.
Responsibilities of the Strategic Commodity Manager:
- Develop and execute long-term supply strategy deployment, supplier cost modeling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, negotiations, long-term contract establishment, continuous supplier performance improvement, and supplier relationship development
- Negotiate the best-in-class price, payment terms, quality levels, and delivery terms for purchased products in compliance with corporate objectives
- Coordinate and support on-site supplier assessment/certification audits and continuous improvement activities that drive down total cost and increase total supplier quality
- Identify new and alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and supplier performance issues
- Evaluate medium to long-term supplier capabilities in an effort to optimize the commodity supply base in support of supplier reduction goals and objectives
- Perform all necessary duties to support corporate goals as they relate to established supplier quality, total landed cost, and inventory objectives
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of essential commodity trends including: industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, material lead times, and technical/manufacturing processes
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive global supply chain enhancements
- Participate in the make vs. buy analysis and make recommendations based on corporate objectives
Qualifications of the Strategic Commodity Manager:
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Industrial Engineering
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of purchasing or sourcing experience
- 4+ years of experience working with suppliers located in low-cost countries
- 3+ years of purchasing or sourcing experience at an equipment OEM or at a Tier 1 supplier to an equipment OEM
- Experience utilizing the Microsoft Office suite, specifically intermediate or higher knowledge of Excel
- 2+ years of experience purchasing forgings, machined components, metal fabrications,
Only 30 minutes outside of Atlanta, Duluth is home to AGCO headquarters. The location allows easy access to the big city lifestyle that Atlanta provides. The headquarters have grown to now include over 500 employees. Benefits AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of over 9,200 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 25th year in business, and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. While headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, AGCO has manufacturing facilities all over the world creating and distributing their full-line of products, including Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra. Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It's time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.