CTM is an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate market. Our proven business strategy combines personalized service excellence with client facing technology solutions to deliver a return on investment to our customers. Headquartered in Australia, we provide local service solutions to clients across the globe.
Our Denver location anchored the CTM brand in the US in 2012. Through the CTM growth model we are now a top travel provider in North America with offices and virtual staff coast-to-coast. We are a family of locally-empowered entrepreneurial professionals underpinned by the power and scale of a global industry leader.
CTM is looking to hire a Strategic Meeting Manager to work at the office of one of our prestigious clients in the San Rafael area. The position will require you to work in the office. The Strategic Meetings Manager engages with stakeholdersacross the organization to help them locate and contract the perfect hotels in the right destination for meetings and events throughout North America (and occasionally in the EMEA and APAC regions). You have an expert level knowledge of the major convention and event destinations in North America, know all of the major hotel brands, and have deep industry connections that you can leverage. You approach contract negotiations with strength and fairness by understanding what is in it for them and what is in it for us. You seek win/win solutions that minimize risk and maximize reward for both parties. Our internal stakeholders are administrative professionals, executives, Procurement, Legal, Risk, and our external stakeholders are hotel and destination partners. You will be part of a global award-winning team who are hardworking, passionate, fun and are always ready to help one another and our stakeholders.
· Develop meeting specifications with internal clients and send RFPs out through Cvent for meetings and events, including large meetings and citywide conventions.
· Prepare research grids and budgets. Use these documents and your expertise to consult with internal clients, assisting them in making the hotel selections that support their business objectives.
· Negotiate hotel contracts that maximize cost savings and protect the interests of the company.
· Assist internal clients in managing hotel reservations, rooming lists, hotel deadlines, and other deliverables.
· Occasionally assist internal clients in arranging for badges, signage, transportation and offsite activities. Onsite support of meetings and events will be required periodically.
· Assist with citywide hotel strategies and contracting.
· Candidate must be an enthusiastic team player with at least five years of full time corporate, third party meeting professional or hotel sales experience.
· Must be an expert in sourcing mid-size to large meetings, including citywide conventions
· Must have deep knowledge of major North America destinations, venues, suppliers and hotel contracting practices
· Resourceful and flexible team player with the ability to solve problems and issues independently
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively prioritize workloads
· Demonstrates keen attention to detail often under tight deadline constraints
· Able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· College graduate
· Enjoys working with people and has a positive attitude
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Cvent Supplier module and Asana experience a plus
· College work completed in hospitality management or related field
· Extra points for CMP or similar certification
In addition to a great work environment, CTM offers a comprehensive range of benefits designed to fit your needs. Some of these include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, with a Section 125 cafeteria plan (pre-tax).
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with generous annual employer match.
- Numerous paid holidays.