Oregon Mutual, a regional multi-line mutual insurer with a 125-year record of faithfully serving our members andheadquartered in Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley, offers a wonderful opportunity to perform, excel and grow your career as a Business Analyst with our Project Management Team! We are seeking a highly motivated leader with successful experienceperformingbusiness analysis within the property and casualty insurance industry. Our Project Management Team focuses on strategic transformative and innovative projects designed to wow our members and agent partners.
Our Business Analyst will interview stakeholders, examine existing processes, and collaborate with both business and information technology partners to create innovative new business processes and document requirements. The Business Analyst will also use both oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. The Business Analystposition is a pivotal role in ensuring the Information Technology Team’s understanding of business requirements, and provides significant career development opportunities for the right person.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Insurance, Computer Science or a related field plus a minimum 5 years’ experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
• Experience with property & casualty insurance products, processes and distribution channels, or those of insurance agencies, brokers, or financial institutions.
• Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
• Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
• Ability to create clear and comprehensive requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
• Clear understanding of product management, insurance and market placement.
• Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing and managing resources.
• Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
• Attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple priorities while working in a fast-paced environment where priorities change.
• Ability to mentor and lead other Business Analysts.
• Ability to be independent, assertive, and proactive.
• May be filled as Business Analyst or Senior Business Analyst dependent on experience and qualifications.
Nice to Have:
• Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter, Senior Claims Law Associate, Associate in Risk Management, CIC or similar professional insurance designations
• Experience in quality assurance and internal testing
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Project Management Professional Certification
Headquarters is located in McMinnville Oregon, named one of the Best Main Streets in America, by Parade and Sunset magazines. In addition to benefits already offered, we also include a free onsite workout facility and free parking in our McMinnville location!
Equal Opportunity Employer