At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
The purpose of this role is to support Crowe’s Financial Services Consulting practice in the development and delivery of Strategic Risk Management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a catalyst for cross-functional sales (either as add-ons or coordinated, simultaneous sales) across Crowe’s FS Consulting advisory, consulting and technology enabled solutions (e.g. ERM, ORM, Privacy and Ethics, GRC, TPRM, etc.)
- Establish and develop productive sales channels both within Crowe as well as with external technology partners, industry associations, etc.
- Directly generate and drive to closure new sales opportunities in financial services.
- Establish industry leading points of view and frameworks that transform the way risk and compliance is managed within financial services today. Frameworks and points of view that connect various solutions (e.g. ERM, ORM, Compliance, Privacy and Ethics, GRC, TPR, etc.).
- Own the Banking ERM/ORM offering and go to market strategy within financial services.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ideate and build technology enabled solutions that scale and drive sustainable revenues.
- Expand Crowe’s ecosystem through identifying and curating technology partnerships and alliances that advance our strategic suite of solutions.
- Partner with Crowe’s GRC Technology and TPRM practices to enrich our compliance accelerators and TPRM services for FS companies.
- Elevate the connections of our offerings in the area of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Operational Risk Management (ORM), Integrated Risk Management (IRM) and Governance, Risk and Compliance technologies.
- At least 10 years of financial services regulatory compliance management and/or consulting experience.
- Deep and pragmatic banking enterprise and operational risk expertise, particularly in banks >$20B, or large diversified financial services companies.
- Ability to anticipate, draw conclusions, and adapt to changing needs and demands.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, strategic thinking and reasoning abilities.
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and capacity to excel in a cohesive team environment.
- Working knowledge of project planning and project management methods and tools.
- Supervisory experience, including leading diverse teams and management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead and execute projects in the domains of third party risk, GRC, ORM and ERM.
- Experience with financial institutions $10 billion and up
- Ability to work independently on projects with little oversight or as part of a team
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and quickly adapt to changing assignments
Travel requirements may be up to 50%, however are currently extremely limited due to the current environment. Expected travel will be approximately 30%.
Build a Successful Future in Consulting
At Crowe, Consulting professionals provide thought leadership, process expertise, technology insight and help clients identify, assess, evaluate, and reduce risks. Our Consulting professionals serve large organizations across many industries in an environment where innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged. Through various programs, we provide you with learning and reinvention through high-impact formal and systemic training, including industry, solution, technology, and consulting training, as well as certification. You will be part of a strong global team environment with a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative setting.
How you can Grow
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it's like to work at one of the “50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates.” Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortune’s “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For” and among Fortune’s “20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services”. In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clients’ biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out more than two years ago, this strategy defied the norm of the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where they’re most productive – whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere – and wear jeans while they’re in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities – such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes – for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firm’s 75th year, Crowe personnel not only achieved, but surpassed their goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering. We're proud to announce that we volunteered 82,000 hours – giving back to the communities where we live and work. That’s the equivalent of 39 full-time employees at the nonprofits we served! In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.