The Strategic Segment Leader – Drug Delivery Devices is responsible for developing and executing a growth plan for Celanese's drug delivery devices program. The Strategic Segment Leader role should bring data driven insights on the future direction of pharmaceuticals and drug delivery and determine key customer and applications targets and potential for value for Celanese Engineered Materials. The role will work with technical and commercial team members to build a pipeline of revenue generating opportunities.
Develops Road-map for growth in Drug Delivery Device on the material side
- Contributes market-driven intelligence and insights for Segment Strategy
- Market-driven insights include, but not limited to:
- Segment/Application definitions, size, and growth rates
- Forward-looking industry trends and translation to customer needs / challenges
- Value chain structure, participants, influencers, and disruptors
- Celanese perspective & positioning on trends and approach to shape the industry
- Outline of specific objectives to meet industry/customer needs and capture growth
Understanding & Aligning to the Business/Model
- Identifies, develops, and drives multiple translations based of highly differentiated and high value opportunities – creating actionable business impact and growth plans, with elements including:
- Celanese differentiated solutions (value proposition, value in-use, comparative value to other solutions)
- Competitive offerings & positioning versus NBA
- Target customer analysis, engagement tactics, promotion approach – working closely with Program Promotion team
- Translation toolkit and active deployment approach for Commercial Team (e.g. talking points, case studies, integration to customer engagements)
Influencing the Organization
- Engages with external experts (e.g., customers, prospects, associations) and market resources (e.g., databases, competitor positioning) to derive insights that influence Celanese Program Plans and Opportunities that help contribute to successful translations.
- Collaborates and Influences across the organization, particularly Commercial, to take action and realize growth plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical (Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, etc.) or Business
- Master’s in Business Administration a plus
- Minimum 10 years of work experience;
- 5 years in commercial and or strategic marketing roles;
- Minimum 5 years of team management and professional development;
- Ability to Influence across the organization
- Experience with selling /marketing into medical devices industry on the materials side - engaging with customers.
- Business Insight : Drug Delivery / Medical Device Value Chain / Industry Experience - Applying this knowledge to build out Celanese's plan to engage and create value
- Risk Taking - Entrepreneurial spirit
- Natural Curiosity