The Category Management & Strategic Sourcing Advisor, is a category manager, sourcing professional, negotiator, and project manager accountable for end-end sourcing and contracting for assigned internal clients across Cigna as it relates to the procurement of IT Services used by Cigna's businesses.
This includes co-owning part of an IT Sub-Category for the Category Management & Strategic Sourcing Organization and helping to drive sourcing strategies across the global organization for the assigned sub-category. The Advisor will lead technology sourcing and negotiations projects of varying sizes including medium to highly complex competitive bids and direct negotiations in multi-year agreements with suppliers.
This will include negotiation of master services, ITO, and services agreements as well as transaction agreements for purchases.
The Category Manager will coordinate the involvement and requirements for all internal stakeholders including business, IT, legal, information protection, privacy and other departments needed to negotiate agreements. This resource must have experience negotiation complex service agreements and the ability to negotiate multiple deals at the same time.
- The Category Manager will negotiate IT service agreements and that include the following activities:
- Identify opportunities to improve the sourcing approach and procurement process which could have significant financial impact on the organization
- Develops timelines and organizes internal matrix team to negotiate an agreement
- Manages day-to-day execution of sourcing process and facilitates involvement of expert internal resources
- Minimum of three to five years in category management, strategic sourcing, supplier management, finance or information technology experience preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience negotiating service agreements preferred
- General financial analysis skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
This position includes regular contact with the following:
- Category Management & Strategic Sourcing Senior Director, Director and Senior Advisors
- Expert Resources in Information Technology, Line of Business Experts; Financial and Legal Experts
- Internal Matrix Partner Managers and Specialists
- Business partner leaders
- Supplier negotiation teams
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.