Peraton is an industry leader providing innovative solutions for space, critical Intelligence Community missions, and offensive and defensive cyber operations. We fundamentally exist to protect and promote freedom around the world – to secure the future for our families, communities, allied nations, and our way of life. That’s why we’re here, why we are growing, and why we are adding to our team.
We are looking to fill a vital role within our Procurement team with an ambitious Strategic Sourcing Specialist who has significant experience in corporate level procurement that demonstrates technical and analytical skills, and a track record of success working in a team-based environment. If you are a hands-on, collaborative, and a professional strategic thinker that is skilled in contract review, negotiations, executing strategic plans, and accomplishing business objectives - this is the position for you.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate with executive leadership teams in defining organizational sourcing requirements, vendor selection and completion of business objectives.
- Partner with indirect teams to establish RFP requirements, evaluate alternative solutions, and negotiate indirect contracts.
- Provide thought leadership to ensure procurement programs are aligned with objectives and follow company policies.
- Establish and participate in the development of standards and metrics, practices and procedures, client satisfaction measurement, standardized processes and continuous improvement initiatives that achieve synergies, efficiency and greater effectiveness.
- Manage and execute strategic supplier management activities.
- Maintain, measure and identify cost savings, opportunity assessments and delivering fact-based value driven sourcing decisions.
- Mitigate risk and exposures through audit and control processes, thoughtful analyses and consideration of impacts and planning.
- Develop, execute and adjust quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators (KPIs) to promote greater customer service, efficiency and operational excellence.
- Collaborate, communicate and partner with peers and internal stakeholders to ensure procurement programs, strategies, policies and procedures are appropriate and aligned with priorities.
- Work with stakeholders and vendors to manage and minimize contract leakage.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or similar field.
- You have 8+ years of contract/subcontract experience.
- You have 8+ years of executing and managing corporate level master service agreements
- You have 8+ years of experience contract review and negotiation
- You have 8+ years of experience using strategic sourcing methodologies; category management processes; negotiation principles; procurement fundamentals, principles, theories and processes; and reporting to senior leadership.
It’d be even better if you…
- Have an advanced level of collaboration, influence and consulting skills at all levels of an organization along with the ability to effect strategic direction at the executive level.
- Have a deep knowledge of business models and trends in the IT supply markets.
- Have an advanced degree, such as an MBA, and/or applicable specialized training/certifications (CFCM, CPCM, CCCM, etc.) is a plus.
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and complete advanced projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Have proven ability to identify and evaluate opportunities to appropriately in-source, out-source or co-source activities, emphasizing value-added activities and minimizing non-value-added activities.
- Have the ability to clearly articulate point of view verbally and in writing, quickly grasp business objectives and strategies and how service offerings support the attainment of those objectives.
- Have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (vlookup’s, pivot tables, IF statements, conditional formatting, etc.)
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.